Friday 8 May 2015

Research


When trawling through Google for points of research, and possible inspiration I found this. It’s a picture that has a real graphic feel to it I personally think.    

What I like most about it is the ice white background. Most of my images, from looking at the contact sheets and enlargements appear to have really white bleached out backgrounds. This is something I normally wouldn’t like, especially when I will be framing the images and giving them a white boarder. This would mean that the print bleeds into the boarder.     

However this image makes me think that maybe this isn’t such a bad thing. Why border an image? Why not let them blend and merge to make the whole thing be one rather than defining it. I really like this shot. I think it works so well and has given me food for thought.   

No comments:

Post a Comment