Wednesday 6 May 2015

Explanation


I have found it really hard to try and explain my work. It has a real personal aspect to it that I want to portray to the world. Pigeons are something I have grew up around. I feel like it best represents me.   

I see them at the bottom of my garden, in a shed, where my dad feeds, fly’s and looks after them. But then I see them in town centres, free to roam. But what ones have the better deal? Caged away, with food and water, or free to roam with no security, or certainty.    

I’m confused about what I want, where I’m going, and what I should do. I’m trying to express this through my work. I have been able to sum it up with the words of Bob Dylan…   


Ah, my friends from the prison, they ask unto me,

"How good, how good does it feel to be free?"

And I answer them most mysteriously,

"Are birds free from the chains of the skyway?"

No comments:

Post a Comment