Friday 15 May 2015

London Contact Sheet 5 ...

This is the contact sheet from the last shoot that I did in London. Again this is located in the park. This was probably the best place to shoot birds, as there was loads of them. What I was glad about as I had so far been let down. 

Enlargements: (scans so rubbish quality) 


This doesn't have any pigeons in the shot at all. I kind of took the image because I liked the composition. However it is totally irrelevant to my work for this project. This is a shame as I really like the image and the fact that there is people in the shot too.    


If you look really closely you can see that there’s a pigeon in mid-flight. This is really a nice image but it’s nothing special. For my images I want the pigeons to be the main focus, really stand out of their surroundings and I feel like this one kind of just gets lost.  I do however like the location. The fact that I have captured something different with the water and trees. A lot of the images of the pigeons in flight tend to involve them being in trees etc.   


There is something about this image that I really like. It’s so simple, but I think it’s sweet too. It has a calming feel to it I personally think. I think that it would have been better if the ducks weren't in the background but it would be easy enough to crop out in the darkroom.      


I seemed to have captured a lot of images like this over my time in London. However I think that this is one of the least successful ones. You can’t really define the pigeons in the trees, therefor kind of making this image irrelevant for the purpose of this project. I do however like the patterns that the trees branches are making, breaking the sky up and giving the image a creepy feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment