Wednesday 13 May 2015

Interview with the pigeon collector




I wanted to get the opinion of the collector that I managed to take images of and get a bit of background about him and why he keeps pigeons. I wanted to know how long and why he keeps them. But most of all I wanted to know his thoughts on pigeons that live on the streets and if he thought his where better off.

I found it interesting to hear that he spends a lot of money on his birds. Making sure they are healthy and well fed. I often thought that it was cruel to keep them in cages and restrain them, but maybe he’s doing them a favour? The street birds don’t get food on a regular basis, and they certainly don’t get vaccinated to make sure they are healthy. 

This is making me question even more what birds are better off?

No comments:

Post a Comment