Friday 8 May 2015

Research - Home Alone 2 - Kevin's Gift - Turtle Doves

Home Alone 2 - Kevin's Gift - Turtle Doves


When trying to think of research points this is what kept popping into my head, the famous scene from home alone. It also reminds me of artist research that I have previously looked at, – Alex Cican – and his image of the homeless man and the pigeons in Paris.

I have taken screenshots of this scene to see what they look like as stills. This is to give an idea of what is going on in my head and the images I would kind of like to create in reference to this.


I really like the idea of getting the image of the pigeons sat on someone. I really don’t know how I would go about doing this, without booking a flight to new york J . I also like the surrounding location of this shot, the snow on the trees creates a neutral background for the woman and birds making them stand out off the screen.  



Also like this one, the reason being is that it’s just such a strange image. The birds are sat on her and she doesn’t even seem to care. When you watch the film you understand the concept of this screen shot but as a stand-alone image with no explanation it really seems rather bazar that neither of them seem to be phased by it sat on her shoulder.   

No comments:

Post a Comment