Friday 23 November 2012

Shoot - 1

After today's session had finished during lunch i decided to do my first shoot using Rachel as a model. We used the studio one cove, with 2 strobe lights hitting the back drop with reflectors bouncing the light back onto the white background. Model stood in front of these reflectors with a soft box pointed at her from both the left and right (alternated during the shoot) I feel like the shoot was going smoothly and managed to get the camera focused right pretty much all of the time. However i forgot to do a test shot holding the card i would use late to add the right custom white balance. So below is an image from the shoot and then I'm going to go back and do the shot so i can get the right white balance.


Image One
I like the image. I think that it has been framed really nicely and i also really like the expression on the models face. However i feel like her skin tone just doesn't look right and also the back drop looks a bit gray so i think i need to go back to do the test shot to see if this will change these faults.

                                               1                                                             2 

                                            3                                                                 4

5

  1. As these were some of my first shots i wasn't expecting too much, just having a play around. Harsh shadows. model looks orange (what she clearly isn't) really like the colour of the backdrop and the lighting that's hitting that. Also nice catch lights in the eyes.
  2. I think that this is a really nice pose and i like how she is leaning towards the light with her hair scraped to the side. I think that the light is hitting her features better in this image. She looks rather girly.
  3. Only see one side of the face. I wouldn't want it for my images but kind of like it in this shot.
  4. Far too dark hardly see any detail in the models face. 
  5. I dont like the framing of the image. Too dark again. Background lighting is nice though. Like the models face and really nice light in her eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment