Thursday 15 November 2012

Final Images

It took me a while to actually choose my final images as i had a lot with people in and the rest were basically just empty streets. At first i was struggling to find some type of link to connect all my images, but then i took Darren's advice and decided that the like was me! So i just picked the images that i was most proud of and what i thought were a good enough standard. I then came up with a link between my images. They all had people in the society kind of looks down upon or sort of disregards. I chose a smoker, a hoodie, a traffic warden, a beggar and also an old lady. I'm not sure if we needed a link but i figured this was a good enough one if we did.

These are my final images:


I chose this image because i think that it is a contrast to my other final images. I feel like this has a lot more going on and detail in it. It has more for you to look at and work out. I also like that the main subject is facing away from the camera. this also gives another angle and dynamic to my final images as a hole. I think that there is a great contrast in tones what i think makes the image a strong and interesting image. I also think that this is nice because you can see everything in the image clearly, there isn't a shallow depth of field or an object/subject taking the main focus. 



Again i like the contrast in this image. I think that even though its kind of simple it has a lot of detail around the man himself and i think that if there was more going on in the outer areas of the frame this detail could get lost in the image so i really like the fact that it is cropped into. I even like the man in the left hand side of the image even though he's slightly out of frame. i think that this gives you an understanding of how people treat people like this, this is shown by the way he is looking down on him and how the man on the floor is pointing the sing at him. I'm just glad i got this shot when i did and not one of him looking at me. I also like how the dog is even looking at he man walking past, its like there both trying to guilt trip him. 



This was the last image i chose as part of my set. I decided to choose it because i think that it work well with the rest of my images. I like the composition of the image, its like the bench leads your eye across to the lady. I also really like the contrast and tones created by the Lady's jacket and i think that this is something that creates a lot of detail in the image. Another thing i like about this image is the poppy sellers that you can see in the background. It makes the town look busy and also its not something that you see all the time. Really helps to define the time of the image knowing that this is around remembrance day. 



This image is one of my most proudest. I just didn't think that i was going to take it because i was really worried if she caught me but I'm really glad that i did. I really like the reflection of the shop in the car window, and also the light reflecting of the car itself. I also like the detail created by the fruit in the background. I did have a bit of trouble with this image when scanning my negative in as when it came to spot checking it i wasn't too sure what was dust on my neg or what was the muck in the widow behind the lady. I also like the contrast in the image. however in my final print i did crop into it a bit more so that you could see the traffic warden more clearly. Over all I'm really happy with this image and I'm so glad that it came out and actually was correct in all the settings when shot. 



What i really liked about this image was the depth of field. I liked that the man is the only one in focus. you can see that there is a busy town in the background yet they arnt the main aspect that you focus on and i think this is because of the shallow depth of field. I also like all the detail that you can see on him. For example the smoke coming out the fag and the lines and marks on his face. I struggled a bit in the darkroom getting the skyline right and with my burning in skills, however after the many attempts i think i got a really nice print. Its also one of the closest shots i managed to get so I'm really proud of myself for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment