Wednesday 14 November 2012

Screen Shots

I have looked through some movies that i think have a great setting and make up a great image when print screened. I think that this is a great way to gather research as you can get a variety of different print screens, not just a single shot. You also can see why the director has chose that space, what feel it gives and what makes it unique to any other.

I Am Legend -
I think that its amazing that I Am Legend managed to shut down time square to film these scenes. Its such a busy place and yet its so quiet and looks like another world in the screen grabs below! i think that these are seriously stunning images and some that could never be recreated, unless you have millions of dollars and Will Smith as a mate... completely unique street photography.







Breakfast at Tiffany's -
Iconic images from a great film. again showing new york empty and quite what is a rare thing. really like the lighting created on these images from the sun coming up. soft tones.





Lords of Dogtown -
By far my favourite film. i think that these screen grabs remind me of the images that i have researched by Michael Levine.





I think that all these screen shots from movies would work really well as street photography shots. They are shot in some of the best locations and also some cant be re-created so there completely original. This is why i think that movies are a great source of research.

No comments:

Post a Comment