Friday 2 November 2012

Protest - 65 years of rebellion in photographs

I went to the library to get some light reading for the weekend and i found a few Photography books that caught my attention, this being one of them. When looking through the book and reading the captions below what state the time and place of the image and what the protest was about i found some of the images striking and powerful. I think that through out this book there is some great examples of street photography what has a strong and powerful feel to them. 

Andrew Testa - 2010 London riots
This image from the book was taken during the student protest in London over the rise in student tuition fees. I like this image because i just think its just a typical English thing to do. It doesn't seem serious to me, i know there is a lot of damage, for instance the fire and graffiti but it just reminds me of some drunk doyle down the town on a saturday night, just made me see the hole thing as a joke rather than a serious matter like some of the other images make you feel.


Peter Marlow - 1981 Northern Ireland
a image of a young boy that shows just how bad the violence was in Northern Ireland as it is to the extent that kids are showing violence towards the army. In away i think that this is quite disturbing that children are getting involved with things like this, and without images like this i wouldn't believe that it was. I think that images like this are very significant.


Bruno Barbey - 1968 Paris
I really like this image. i think that it is my favourite from the book. the man stood on the light almost replicates the monument in front of him. i also wonder how the image was taken and where the photographer was stood as they would have to be high up as the image is looking out not up. I just really like the composition of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment