Friday 23 November 2012

David Bailey

....I have decided to re-post this post as it is relevant tot he work i am doing now....

There are a lot of these square medium format images from David Bailey called 'A Box of pin ups'. I decided to look at these 2 thought because it shows both a single image of one person and also a group.


Mick Jagger - David Bailey, 1964
To me this image kind of looks out of focus (but im not too sure if its just my dodgy eye playing tricks on me). I like the framing of the image and how the top of the models head is slightly cut off. Also like how the arms lead off the end of the frame too. I dont really like it if there is a bit of a white edge to the image.

The Rolling Stones - David Bailey

I like the idea of a group portrait. I think it gives a little something different to the usual set up. I also really like the lighting in this image. How you kind of loose the detail on one side of the models faces because of the such harsh lighting coming from the left of the frame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment