Wednesday 13 November 2013

Personal Logo


I have recently been looking into paperwork that I will need when I am working in the photography industry. Form such as model release, invoice and estimation forms as just a few examples. I want to create my own forms and give them my personal touch so I thought that a professional approach would be to make a logo that would brand my business and be on the top of all my forms and paper work. 


I knew that I wanted to make a logo that wasn’t plain block colour and boring, but I know my skills on illustrator are limited so I decided to make it simple yet bright. This was my first attempt at a logo. I really rather liked it and I thought that I got it right straight away. However I didn’t really think of what it would look like after it was made smaller and put into the corner of my page. It was too small and you could no longer see the writing in the centre of the circle. Back to the drawing board.






I decided that I would quite like just my initials as my logo and name for my business. I think that this is simpler and looks better on the logo. I decided I liked the circle format that I had before and thought that maybe if I just changed the writing to my initials it would be easier to read as I would be able to enlarge the writing. However for some reason I just don’t like the look of this in the end and decided that I was to abandon the circle all together. 


So after deciding to ditch the circle I thought I would keep the idea of just the initials as I thought its simple and easy, not too much writing and over all perfect for what I wanted. This is when I came up with this. It looks good small and is still readable and clear. It simple, but also has colour so its not too plain. I didn’t want any fancy writing I just wanted it to be legible. I think that this ticks all the boxes that I wanted it to. I also like this because I can quickly change the colours of the whole logo to suit what I would like or maybe the job that I’m doing (e.g. baby shoot could be pink wedding could be gold’s and creams.) I’m really happy with this and think that it will be perfect on the header of my forms.

This is my final logo:  

No comments:

Post a Comment