Tuesday 5 November 2013

Artist Research - Andre Cypriano

From the same photographer that i looked at previously however these are more close up portraits that capture a lot of detail in the subjects face. I think that this is really helpful research because this is the types of images that i am going to have to create as part of this project for my shallow depth of field shot. I really wish they were in black and white but unfortunately i have to do it in colour :(.


This is exactly the type of image that i want to capture for the shallow depth of field part of my project. I really like how basically its just the eyes that are really sharp and in focus. They hold detail and i think that the eyes really tell a story. The framing that the photographer has used really accentuates the eyes and other detail on the face, it doesn't let you get distracted by other things that are going on in the page. I also like the rough boarder around the image were the photographer hasn't used an framing board to create sharp edges on the image. Gives the image a grungy, rough look.



I think that the detail in this image is amazing. I mean look at it all, i love all the wrinkles on the subjects face i think that it really makes an interesting image. I think the only way this image could be improved is if there was maybe a little bit of a catch light in the models eyes. Would really brighten the image up. I think that the photographer has wanted to capture this image because it is full of detail and also i think that its beautiful in a unique way. I personally don't think that this image would be as powerful if it was in colour. I think that the black and white enhances each wrinkle and really makes them dominate the image. I also like the cropping, not much going on around really close up on the face and features.



I am not too sure about this image. I don't really know what is going on, i don't think that his skin looks right. I don't know if its the lighting or the colour of his eyes or something i just don't quite get it. I think that maybe the photographer used flash because the way the skin looks. I do like the depth of field and also the fact that it is landscape and not portrait. I think that is different and i rather like the framing and composition caused by having it landscape. His eyes are so bright and have an amazing catch light they make them really stand out of the page and really light up the whole image. 

 
These again are really nice portrait shots. I like the eyes in both images i think that they really tell a story. This is what i want my shallow depth of field image to look like. I think that these show a lot of detail in the faces and are really sharp and in focus. This is different to what i will have to produce because only the eyes are what i want to be in focus. I like the tone of the images. They are soft and don't have any harsh shadows or really highlighted areas.


I really like the lighting on this image. The way that it hits the models face and gives her skin a soft highlight. I also like how the model has really subtle catch lights in her eyes, this really enhances them and makes her again look soft. The composition and positioning of the model is much different to others that i have looked at in this post, this is something i might consider in my work. Using maybe a light profile image. I like that the eye is really strong and the one behind is way out of focus. This shows the really shallow depth of field.

No comments:

Post a Comment