Tuesday 5 November 2013

1st 5x4 Colour Film

Its offical im the WORST at making a contact sheet! if anyone has any tips on how i can get this right please feel free to let me know, it would be a great help. These are the first 5x4 colour negs that i shot and i am really happy with them. I was really suprised that some worked out and are in focus because i really couldnt see anything when i was looking in the camera. Expescilly the full shot of Steph. I felt when i first started this progect that it was really time consuming and it was a waist of time having to send the negatives of and all that to get processed. However now that i have seen them i think its work it because the colours and the detial and also the depth of feild that is captured through this process is really stunning and i am really happy with these 4 images as first attempts. I cant wait to begin blowing them up big.
 

                                            1                                                                       2

3


  1. f22 15 sec no filter - This was the first enlargment that i had done. I really like this image and i think that the lighting is really nice the way that it hits stephs face. This is really dark however and after seeing this i decided that i needed to go back and also add some filters.                               
  2. m-40 y-50 25sec  - This was the second attempt. I took out 10 magenta in this image and its noticable because it has such a pink cast to the print. This was too much so again back to the darkroom to try and get this right.  
  3. m-47 , y-50 , 25sec - after playing about with the magenta had having several failed attempts this was the best i could get the colour with out going crazy. I really like the image i just cant really tell if its a greenish print or the background of the church is making it look like the image is green. I did do a larger print of this image and it was the same again. I just dont know about the colour at all.
This image alone really tested me. I found it extreamly hard to try and get a print that i was happy with and that i liked. When i finally got one i didnt like it because it didnt fit in with the other 2 of Steph. I think that this may have been down to the change in lighting on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment