Monday 10 February 2014

Project Proposal

The path that I have decided to take for this project is the ‘journey’ aspect of the brief. I think that this is a perfect option for me to take as I am going to be traveling whilst this project is underway. This gives me the opportunity to document my journey to India and be able to capture images with the purpose of creating a book out of them. Not only is this convenient but it also gives me the chance to create a book that will be unique to my experience and help me in exploring new styles and working conditions.


I have decided to take a digital approach to my work. I think that this is the best and safest option as I will know instantly if my image have worked out and will be able to reshoot. I also want to use colour for my work as the bright and vibrant colours of Indian culture will best be projected using this format. My aim for this project is to capture the culture of India and produce images that show the styles, experiences, colour and life of Goa, the area of India that I will be visiting. I want to create a documentary book of my journey, this may include my travel to the country as well as what I see and experience while there.  Books that have been in particular interest to me are ‘images of India – Sophie Baker’ and ‘India in my eyes – Barbara Macklowe’. The reason being is that I don’t know what to expect so this gives me an idea of images that I might be witnessing while there and the look/feel of images that I might produce. Photographers that I will look at will be Amandine Guisez Gallienne, Gavin Gough and Tessa Bunney the reason I have chosen these are that I like the styles that they have used in their work and want to take influence of what they have done to explore and expand on in my own work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment