Thursday 25 April 2013

Bernd & Hilla Becher - Industrial Landscapes

This is one of the more interesting books i thought on landscape photography. This shows that the idea i used to think was landscape isn't necessarily true. Images such as these ones really have got me interested in landscape photography and made me get into this project. I like that that they have a continuing theme through out there work. This is something that i am really aiming to achieve also in my landscape images.







These 4 images are just of industrial sites. This is a really interesting idea and relevant to me i personally think as it is what i am surrounded by in Middlesbrough. I would be able to produce work like this much more easily because of the access to these work sites that i have. The fact that the images are in black and white gives a timeless look to them, you wouldn't really be able to guess when they were from. This is a really lovely quality, hopefully one i will be able to incorporate into my own work.


What i like about these two images is the pattern created by the wood framing of the house. I think that it adds contrast to the images. It also kind of represents or reflects the geometric forms seen in previous  images created by the industrial works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment