Tuesday 14 April 2015

New Logo

After much thought, I decided against using a picture, or creating a logo for my brand. In the long run I would like to go into different areas of art and design and thinking ahead it would be better to do a general branding rather than it being photography specific.

Deciding to use a creative font and just having my name for my brand identity was simple enough, I didn’t want to create a name for a company and as I have already worked using my name as my brand before it seemed simple to keep it that way.

What I like about the font I chose is that it’s a handwritten font want makes it look more creative and personal. I didn’t want anything too formal, or plain. However it was really important for it to still be legible.  


I got the font of a website (DAFONT), this is a site that you can download fonts from, both for free or at a cost depending on the creator. I needed to be really careful what one I chose and had to make sure that it was available for commercial use. The reason for this is because I wanted to use this in my logo and for branding of my own business and not have any legal implications for doing so.   




I was really fortunate that the font that I wanted to use had this note attached from the creator. This means that I can use the font as I please.    

No comments:

Post a Comment