Friday 14 March 2014

Framing...

Creating a template for the layout of my images was the best thing I did. Previously to this I decided to do a range of different layouts this really caused timing issues and created so much more work. However I didn't like how all these different layouts looked. I thought that it was messy at too much, you began to lose the images and details in the chaos. So this is the template I used throughout my book.   


The idea behind it was that there would be an image going thought out the middle. There would always be one in this space. And I wanted it to spread across the page with no boarder around each side apart from the top and the bottom. The spaces above and below were then there so I could put small images that relate to the larger image in the center. I did this so that they could put the image in context or simply to strengthen the image itself. What I liked about using this layout is that it helped to display more of my work without repeating myself over a range of pages. 

This style really seemed to work and I am really happy that I chose to use this. It give character and a twist to my book that is different but also wasn't too busy and over the top. Also working from a template made it quick and simple to experiment with different images and place them in a much quicker time. Making the time to create my book shorter and more efficient.      

No comments:

Post a Comment